Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Butterflies...an ironic metamorphosis

A sweet friend of mine sent me a Natibaby Pink silk butterflies recently. Beautiful cloth...but it was a big too beige for her liking. I could appreciate that, I had pink silk butterflies when they were first released, and churned them right away...way too beige for my liking...

So we talked about stripping off that nasty beige...

Hmm still a bit beige and the pink went peach...so back into the stripper it went...
ah now we were making progress...looks like a lemon meringue pie almost...
This is gorgeous!!! Now I almost had wished I had hoarded my pink silk butterflies...who knew they'd strip to such a delicious buttery yellow?
But...now it was time to toss these butterflies into the dye pot...First try, was a bit too peachy..
But not to worry, nothing a little Jacquard Hot Fuschia and Pink couldn't take care of...

Stay tuned...more to come...the ironic part will be when this ends up looking just like it did to begin with ;) haha...No, its much different now...Dry pics in good lighting to come...
Waiting to hear back for approval...or not haha


Well, things don't always go as planned, especially when it comes to dyeing textiles. Once again, these butterflies got another make-over. 


So what do you think? drastic improvement from the original beige.
Old New
I love it!!         

No comments:

Post a Comment